1:23 AM

Why I started dancing.

I've always like to dance, when I was younger I used to do A Go Go and twist at home when I hear those music played on radio. Just there dancing by myself or with my sister. Later on in Church, I was called into plays, musicals and much more for Sunday School, Youth and Christmas Caroling. There was when I learn choreographed dance and stage shows.

There were more things that I did when I was more younger; singing, stage shows/performance, Choir and more. But this is about dancing. I would say I started dancing when I finally went out clubbing, RnB, Hip Hop and the rest. It started off as a solo dance, which was mainly bobbing to the beat or just swaying or stepping to the beat and not much more. But I always looked around and see what others are doing and then I started dancing and getting friends to dance with me.

Some friends told me to join a dance school as they need more men, or more correctly, THEY NEED MEN and since I was still single what's there too loose. I looked around, which mainly entails the newspaper and just casual asking around where and how much. But I took no action to get myself into dancing, other then Capoeira, which I only did for a month but stopped as I was not in any shape for that kind of carbio workout.

It was during a Full Moon Party when it hit me, that I liked to dance with someone rather then all by myself as there is somewhat of a courtship or 'play' going on. One of the girls were dancing in front of the DJ console and there was a whole big open space around her and there was no one dancing with her at all. I just stepped up behind her and started to 'move it'. I would say that I was envy of all the guys there cos we really did pull it off and I felt totally excited with the whole dancing with a partner thing.

After the party I met Joyce and remembered about Jackson who was teaches Salsa. Joyce told me that Jackson had a Free Trial Class and encouraged me to join in since I have an interest in dancing. I went for the trail class and later signed up for a workshop, and no it's was not a Salsa workshop, it was Bachata. That was my first official dance class that I attended, it was a whole Saturday workshop that took me from Beginner to Advance Bachata, 3 different levels and to remind you that was my first and only official dance class.

Later on I signed up for Salsa and then started my Salsa Addict life as most of you know it now.

Why I started dancing? It's just because I like to dance, it is an avenue for me to express myself as well as to release myself. I have not regretted the day when I started Salsa and Bachata, but there were time when I so wished I've'd stopped instead. But I still move on cos basically I like to dance.

2 comments:

del88 said...

we don't want girls to start taking the roles of men now do we ??

Rhythm Id said...

its already happening...