11:56 AM

Bachata Bachata Bachata

2009 is set to be a year of bachata for Rhythm Identity.

First off, the Bachata Revolution Workshop by Rhythm Identity in early Feb was a great success. My thanks to all those involved in making it a success and also to those who came and supported the workshop. I hoped everyone learned something useful that they can apply on the dance floor.

The bachata fusion styles will soon see a new intake in the weekly classes by Rhythm Identity. This will feature the Traditional Bachata, BachaZouk, the Inakichata and a bit of BachaTango in its syllabus.

Up in the pipeline is Rhythm Identity's international bachata debut at the Salsa Fiesta de Indonesia in Bali. So far, Rhythm Identity's bachata has made waves around Kuala Lumpur and Selangor, soon it will hit out of Malaysia. The bachata performance at Bali will be a great success for Rhythm Identity as it will be performed in front of great bachateros such as Nestor Manuelian and Inaki Fernandez.

Rhythm Identity's bachata will also showcase in states like Johor in the upcoming Salsa Party in Johor organized by Linline. There are also talks of Rhythm Identity's bachata going to places like Penang.

In Kuantan, it has already started with Rhythm Identity's Kuantan lead instructor Joyce who will be conducting a workshop there end Feb.

We will also see Rhythm Identity's showcase at the Sydney Bachata Festival in April. Not only will it be a performance, but Rhythm Identity was also invited to teach at this prestigious international event! This will really be a huge success for Rhythm Identity's bachata!

Then we have the Malaysian Salsa Festival, this time in Cherating! Rhythm Identity will also be performing a bachata routine there and everyone is invited to join in the performance group!

After the MSF, well... its not yet confirmed but we may have an international instructor coming to town to teach everyone bachata! More on this soon... all from Rhythm Identity, your salsa and bachata dance school!

The only sad part is that Rhythm Identity was invited to compete in the Bachata Competition in Singapore but had to decline as we are preparing for the Salsa Competition in Malaysia. Both are due in the same period.

There will also be more bachata events happening soon and Rhythm Identity will be there supporting all bachata events strongly! We hope that all of you out there will do the same.

Viva la Bachata!


Jaxen
'Salsa Daddy'

4 comments:

del88 said...

sounds like great fun . i will be there to support in whatever way i can ;)

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaxen:

I just saw your blog on a Google Alert today. Congrats on that! It's a first for you there right?

I also am a bachata lover....probably moreso now than salsa although I'm very interested in kizomba too.

I'd be curious to see some examples of that bachata-zouk style you were talking about.

I'd appreciate getting links to any videos you might have of the bachata that's happening in your area right now.

I'm very interested in what's going on in your part of the world. I was in Vietnam from 68-72 so it's not totally strange to me. And I knew that salsa was popular in Singapore but I've never heard anything about what goes on in Malaysia. I'd love to see Kuala Lumpur someday.

Best regards,
Art Williams
WanderingSalsero

Anonymous said...

Hi Jaxen:

I was intrigued to see you blog pop up on a Google Alert. Congratulations on that? Especially in relation to bachata.

I've actually become more fond of bachata than salsa in the last year or so. I have a very good friend, Jorge Elizando, back in Texas whom you might know. He's done a lot to advance bachata over the last couple of years.

I think it's great that bachata has gotten more of the attention it deserves recently. I think in many ways it's a perfect social dance....because it's a little slower than salsa.

Salsa has gotten too commercial. At least, the gurus have made it that way, I think. Actually, I think studios need to be careful of that too. It's possible to have a good studio business but not treat dance with some form of abstract calculus.

I'll always remember what a revelation it was for me to perceive that the real 'latinos' in the salsa clubs, even though they usually were not the ones who were taking lessons(like the groupies in my crowd were)....they were the ones who always had fun. Nothing turns be off more than dancing with someone who's not smiling or looking at me at least occasionally.

I can promise your beginners and early intermediates that it's much more valuable (in terms of sociality) to have good rhythm and a comfortable connection with your partner.

All guys want to do is hold a girl. That's doesn't prescribe that the girl do very much other than be 'hold-able' (if there is such a word).

Girls, while they are by temperment I think a bit more 'vain' and are natural show-offs, I still think they pick up instantly on whether a guy has good rhythm. And they can sense, instintivly and immediately whether a guy is confident by the way the guy holds the girl. If the guy is really and truly relaxed and enjoying the music.....the girl knows it right away. And that makes her enjoy it more too.

Anyway....I'm glad to see your blog. Sometime soon I need to put a Lens back on mine of some of the blogs like your that I think are noteworth. I'm not totally unfamiliar with your part of the world because I was in Vietnam between 68-72.

I've known that salsa was popular in Singapore but I've not known anything about it in Malaysia. I'd love to visit ya'll sometime in the future.

Best regards,
Art williams
www.wanderingsalsero.net

Rhythm Id said...

Your words are truly full of wisdom. and very much appreciated.

Thank you for reading this humble blog. I hadn't expected anyone out of the country to read this blog and your insights are truly valuable.

I know Jorge by reputation only. I do hope to one day meet him and learn from him.

If you are ever in Malaysia, do let us know. Its a wonderful country.

I'm happy to be able to meet another bachata lover from out of Malaysia. Do hope to see you in Malaysia sometime.