2:53 PM

Bali Salsa Festival 2009

It's still taking me a while to come up with what to write about this trip.

The only thing that is still in my mind is that I don't travel out of the country much. I think in my whole like I only did like 5 times? and those were all when I was younger and with my parents.

Bali was to me my biggest adventure as I was not with my parents and I was out of the country. Too bad I had to get high fever 3 days b4 departure.

I was early to Sentral, waiting for Jackson and Cecilia to arrive and found that the ERL transit was offering a RM 5 promotion to take the ERL transit and change to a bus to go to LCCT. We took that and the train ride was uneventful other then the tracks were balance so we were tilting and swaying left and right, which gave Jackson a headache.

Reached LCCT, my 1st time entering LCCT, I use to go into MasKargo to do my jobs but then LCCT was an eye opener. It was like a cheap scale warehouse with a lot of ppl moving around with big bags.

We checked in and then waited for Kak Lin to arrive, so had lunch and it was KFC. OMG! KFC was just 1 small little stall hut thingie and when Cecilia came back with the chicken it was So small, oily and soft (in the not that great way of KFC).

Kak Lin & Murni came and they had their lunch and we boarded our flight to Bali. The take off was as usual INSANE...so fast...the flight was ok, a peaceful flight only thing was when we were to touch down noticed that it was raining heavily. 1st sight of Bali..RAIN?!?!?! sigh.

Got on to the taxi which Kak Lin arranged but then again the stupid taxi driver came late and didn't even prepare the signage to receive us.

Another culture shock...the roads in Bali are so narrow, and with the heavy rain it didn't help. If the same thing happens in KL, NO CARS will ever move...the water level was as high as the wheel of the car and the Balinese were just driving through the water like it was just another day of waking up. They were great drivers.

Found our hotel and it was oooo so nice..Harris was like to Shangri la to me. All was new design and the place was spacious and airy. We changed and went out searching for food.

I was told about the avocado juice that I must try so went along Kuta's road along the beach front. Walked into a food court and just looked around, I wanted the BIG clam thingie (the big thick shelled la la) jackson saw satay BABI...WOO HOO!!!! Cecilia saw Assam Fish (which was not assamy and spicy enuf) n I got 2 helpings of the avocado juice...yummy...avocado juice with chocolate syrup...it's like chocolate milk shake but it's more green in color. and we found BABI GULING...well not the best one but it was quiet good also.

After dinner we went back to the hotel to change and went out to Seminyak to Bahiana, which is our SH equivalent or even better...the place reminded me of beach club but inside a building and not with the palm leave roofing. the music that was played there we can never ever find in our local salsa club it was great sounds. but then we have just touched down and I was still under the weather so i didn't danced much. Also i sorta forgot my foot.

Saw the drinks menu n my Eyes went 'pop' 150,000 for a whickey coke...i was like wat???? before I could ask jackson suggested us to try the local stuffs...so he ordered ARAK MADU...which was quiet ok...tasted almost like Vodka with LOADS of lime and honey. 30,000 only...look at the difference...but then arak hits the spot fast.

Love the music being played there, it's alive and when compared to those we have here it's heaven.The music makes you move and there are so so so so so many other songs we have never heard of it was great. That was 1 nite of sweat and joy.

To be Continued...

0 comments: