2:16 PM

Bachata is LIFE!

I was on facebook and saw an email from Bachateroes group and went on to their site to read up on their write ups. It suddenly came to mine why I really didn't stop dancing.

Dancing to me is about expressing the emotions of the song into your dance moves, it's about creative freedom and a hell may care attitude to what others may think of you when you dance. It's about two persons moving as one, to feel the music as one and not to do all the fancy and funky movements that defeats the purpose of enjoying the dance. I've again been told off by one of my dance partners, "Just relax, enjoy the dance, don't worry about your steps." I was in the mind set of getting all my leads and signals to be correct and timely. I just WORRY too much at times when I dance.

But back to Bachata is LIFE! The post gave me more inspiration to continue doing what I've been doing thus far, which is to DANCE! One other dance partner told me, "You don't need to do any fancy moves, just the basic steps is enough." Now after saying that I would like to make a quote "When two bodies joins in unison in a dance. Let them enjoy the beauty of that union through the ecstasy of the dance." Now this doesn't sound like what I wanted to type cos I lost the thought process just now.

What I'd like to say to all my younger brothers and sisters is this. Do not worry about stepping out of timing and looking odd or not knowing your steps. Just keep on doing it, keep on dancing (but not in class only), come out and dance with people who are not from your school so that you can learn how other people express themselves through music.

I've been dubbed Bachata lady killer by one of my dance partner, I can agree with that already, cos whenever I dance I want to feel the music and express that in my movements, I want to make the lady shine. She is the centerpiece of my work of art, she is the focus of the masterpiece. She is EVERYTHING!

Dance my friends...dance...for dancing is life!


"When you dance, the lady is the subject of the dance. You are to compliment her
."
"Dancing - it’s the vertical expression of a horizontal desire”

James T K Khoo

7 comments:

El PaJames said...

This was the posting I found myself being in the 3rd category.

http://www.bachateros.com.au/2008/11/bachateros-which-one-are-you/

del88 said...

wow ! its always easy to know why you dance but expressing it into priceless words is another. Well said James, well said.I have to admit after reading your post, i have to say it takes balls to admit the lady completes you in dance. And yes i have to add on .. HAVE FUN DOING IT what others think does not matter you WALK THE LINE.

p/s : It it makes you feel better, it was you who " inspired " me to move in Bachata. No doubt i always had the upper hand of body movements but watching you move HIT ME HARD and said " if he's a guy and he can move like THAT , bloody hell you better do better "

del

El PaJames said...

Hahaha it takes 2 hands to clap dear...thanks to you also to help me to get the cross on 3 cross on 1 steps and being patient with me when i mess up. dance with you later in class ;)

Rhythm Id said...

thk i need to do another video shoot...

del88 said...

i have a new " encouragement" in bachata .. the new guy. ... damn he can shake .

Rhythm Id said...

the new guy? who? the one wit ricky martin's butt?

del88 said...

norman ... norman ..... DAMN HE CAN MOVe hahahahah